Friday Meghan and I got to meet up at 6pm to talk have coffee at Coffea and then skip over to Fryin' Pan for supper. Megs had been running around all day and needed to eat. She taught me how to do a slip knot-YAY!! I took Rita (castlefibers)- http://www.castlefibers.shoppingcartsplus.com/page/page/6754403.htm
When Rita was at the car show I bought a sock kit with pattern, some fabulous yarn and a pattern for a neck warmer. Leaves of Grass. This is really the first pattern I tried to read and follow. I talked it over with Megs and she went over SSK with me. When I got home and around 11pm started playing with the pattern and starting to make the neck warmer, I had to find stitch markers. Now normally you ask me about stitch markers and I can show you a ton, however when I needed 4 of them I could only find 3. In reading the pattern I think I will use more like 5. I really hope I don't mess it up too bad! there are 20 lines repeated 8 times. I finally figured out how to read the 4 squares per side 8 total in all the 20 lines. I was confused but of course DH ready it and asked why my problem was. I am so glad he got it and was able to explain it to me more. It took awhile to "get" it.
I got to line 7 and had to stop not only because it was late and I couldn't really read anymore but I also got to a point where I didn't "get" it. I made notes on the pattern and really need to make a copy so I can write on one. I did have to get on the internet to make sure I was doing SSK right-I did not but luckily it was just one stitch.
This morning I got up and DH was ready to go. At 11am we were going to meet the "kids" and take them to Kirby Science Center and Cinnedome. I had never been there before so it was a whole new thing for me. We got some great tickets from the program so we basically all 4 got in for $5. It was worth it! Way cool! Now it is not a every weekend kind of thing since once you go thru it I am not sure I would want to go and do it all again. Kind of been there done that you know. But it was a great experience for us. We saw a movie at the cinnedome and that was pretty cool! Alex named most of the animals and thought it was cool. We saw a bunch of neat stuff and asked a volunteer to show us the bed of nails. Alex got to lay on it and he thought that was pretty neat too. We got some photos on the phone. None of Khristian though, I don't think he was up on the whole photo thing. We were going to see the other movie but Khristian wanted to get home, he was tired. He also was supposed to watch a movie with a girl who is a friend.
I should have had DH and Alex go to the other movie while I took Khristian home. DH of course thought of that later after the fact. But overall we had a full day in just a few hours! We went to Boss's buffet at 5pm and I got to have spaghetti sauce with chunks of sausage and I went over to the salad part and put cheese and pepperoni on it and melted the cheese a little. It was just like having a pizza with no crust. WOOT!!! I didn't realize how much I wanted pizza but apparently I really did. Yummy Yum Yum!
Next Friday is reserved for DJ! She is having mail count and for 2 weeks it has been pretty bad. She is stressed! I figured a pedi cure or dinner something nice and just the two of us. We haven't really had much time to go out so this will be very nice. I am looking forward to it!
