Megs and I headed out to Ides of March in Cavour. It was nice drive and we had a chance to catch up without the boys. I was surprised how many of us went stag. It was great to see everyone! It had been a longer time for some than others. Rachel and Kia were there so that was super nice to see them both. Rachel lives too far away and Kia is always working. Jessica was there she will be going back to Vermillion soon for work. It will be sad to see her go but it makes it better knowing she will be making good money doing what she loves. Mebd was there and her friend who spins really nicely. Tarrach and Fina and their group without the boys sat next to us. Fiona of the Harp was there too so talking about knitting and spinning were the norm. Poor Guys! They had fencing and fighting so they guys were happy. Anne got to be involved in the fencing part so that was cool. I got to have everyone sit with Megs and I for a bit so I got to do some serious catching up. We sold enough for gas money which was fine since I was going no matter what. I got to see Julio's new baby so Cute!!!! Cat showed me her green belt way to go Ingus! You have yourself a great apprentice! Fiona brought her yarn and some Hiya Hiya circular needles. Way too cool!! I of course spent way too much but that is okay it is my Rita's yarn! We had a great trip back. DH was sleeping so I had time to unwind a little. It was a really nice day overall.
I volunteered for a speaking role in our Good Friday play. It was a really nice one that John from church put together. He really has a gift for that kind of thing. I signed up for the 8pm vigil too. I totally bumped into my 3 ring binder after speaking so it was quiet then the whole church heard clunk clack clunk clunk. I was super embarrassed!! Luckily Kevin sat next to me so he helped me find the tap light we were using to see our papers. I switched to taking out the 1 page I had and then put it back after speaking. It went much quieter after that. When we were all done there were many tears thru the church. That is always a good sign that people were touched. I went out to talk to Mom about Easter services and brunch, then went back in for my vigil. I prayed for 1/2 and hour then went to the Labyrinth to walk that and read some bible verses. It was a really great night!
Saturday I was pretty tired but DH wanted to go and see Clash of the Titans. I tried to call the boys but their phone was busy right up until the time we had to leave. I thought it was pretty good, DH thought the only good monster was Medusa. He hated the Kraken! We went to Savers and Y-Buys to try and find me some jeans. I only had my cell phone in my pocket but was causing my jeans to fall down! I had a ton of pants in the cart and DH waited outside the dressing room and handed me 3 at a time to try on until I had tried on everything. We then went to Savers for the same punishment. I did find a few pants, 1 outfit and 1 pair of shoes. SCORE!!!
Sunday we both got up super early for Easter service then went over to the Royal Fork for foods. We both could actually eat quite a bit considering our "diet". We are both doing low carbs-no bread, pasta, flour, sugar. I have been almost 2 months without sugar being added or a lot being in the foods I have been eating. We are eating fresh or frozen veggies and meat and cheese mostly. It tastes good and we are not hungry like most diets. We have on holidays, a policy that we can have a little of something we are not supposed to eat. Easter I had a small bite of popover (sweet sugar and vanilla flavor-YUM!) DH had 1/4 cup of Mac and Cheese because it was his birthday too. We had a nice relaxing day after that and really just bummed around. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!!
Wed 4/7 we are serving at the Banquet downtown for people who don't have enough food. Women on Track is hosting the breakfast with some husbands included to serve. We both have to be there from 06:30-08:30am then I have a Dr's appointment at 09:30. So a busy morning to be sure! I took the whole day off so we will probably do some running around later in the day. We would like to take the boys out to eat and talk about their school work and what they are planning for the summer. I hope I can get a hold of their Mom. I have to try her again today.
Mom retires this year from being a elementary school librarian. It seems like only yesterday she was going to school for her Masters in Library Science. 4/21 is her retirement banquet so that will be a nice closing to that chapter in her life. I can't wait to see what she ends up doing with all her "free" time after that. I know she will be happy and I am sure, keep busy. Good Luck Mom!!!
4/14 I will be volunteering to pack meals for Kids Against Hunger at Avera Living Center. The church is sponsoring it and I had never participated before. Mom said it was fun so what the heck. 4/16 I am planning on going to a retreat at our church the Sweet Life Café from 06:30-09:30. 4/17 DH and I are off to Pierre for the Provost Challenge to merchant. We have a hotel room because it is too far to drive back home and we are celebrating our anniversary. 4/19 is 13 years together! Then 4/25 my birthday we are going off to Brookings for their regional fighter practice and A&S event. It is a busy month besides all the birthdays of all our friends and our own.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY APRIL BABIES!!!
