Thursday, November 24, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

DJ canceled due to the road conditions, and I was not going to drive out there. The railroad get together was canceled due to the weather so we will have to try for another time. I went to Dwana's tastefully simple party and had a great time catching up with everything there. I was trying to figure out who my work husband was and she without missing a beat said Jordan Lembke. That is why it hurt me so much the way things went down and he got married and moved. We were never invited or told about it all. That to this day hurts a bit. I at least know more why now so I can start dealing with my feelings. That was at First Financial. I would have to say Joel for The Creditstore. Paul for Citibank Security, Jared even though he is gay for Citibank Customer Service, Brian for Citibank compliance filing and Tom for Citibank mail opening. Esurance was Ron for sure. The railroad was probably Wes/John depending on who I worked with more that week. It is interesting on how those relationships continue after you leave. I still stay in touch with most of them and only 1 was I on hurt feelings with. Not a bad record.

I digress, when I left my house, I went down the street to the church because they were having a harvest festival and picked up a tupperwear grab bag, some cake in a jar, a barrette and some catalogs. I called DJ found out about the roads then called Dwana to find out about her party. Her's was at noon too so off I went to a Tastefully Simple party that was so much fun! I got some things I was out of and picked up a little something for Mom. YUM!!! Then I was off to my pedicure. If you think I was going to cancel that whatev!!! I got DJ a pedicure gift card and had a wonderful time. It was soooo what I needed!!! I got to catch up on the housewives of Atlanta. Oh wait I don't watch that show. I headed over to Goodwill and got yogurt covered pretzels and that was about it. Savers I found a shirt no pants kind of disappointing. Got home got DH's lunch ready for work and started laundry.

Sunday saw Quenten our little at our church, he was there for a baptism. The work week went fine.Then Wednesday happened. Normally the day before a holiday there is much fun and laughter in the office. Everyone wishes everyone a happy whatever. Well, I just found out that is not how it goes down. I am trying to deal with it all in a positive manner but it really gets frustrating. I can't wait to see what Christmas is like, I am almost scared!!!! Enough about all that junk! That day is over and a new one has begun.

I wanted to get to Hy-Vee today to get Mom some flowers for the table and get my car washed and fuel put in it. I ended up not getting out of work until 3am, then had to wind down so that took until 4-5am. I set my alarm got up, showered, DH's pills for the next week in his pill container, grabbed the loan papers and my crochet and pretty much headed out the door. I flew by the car wash and Hy-Vee toward Mom's. I got there a little after 1pm. We ate a huge feast! YUM!!!! Thanks Mom!!!! The pumpkin pie was the best ever! The turkey was juicy and beans with cheese is still my favorite. Mom read over the loan info and thought it was a good deal so I will need to call her Monday to say it is okay and start it.

When I left, I got my car washed and went to KMart. I know I wasn't going to go shopping on Black Friday but KMart has the Joe Boxer thermal long john's I like and I am tired of buying them off EBay. I picked up 3 pants and 1 shirt so I will be super toasty!!! I got the cutest lounge pants in fleece with polar bears on them! SOOO CUTE!!!!! Then I had to get my behind home to get DH's lunch ready for his Thanksgiving at work. I am hoping to get laundry started soon and the dishwasher loaded and running, the cat boxes changed and the garbage and recyclables out for pick up. WHEW!!! That is what I normally try to do when I get home at midnight I will be starting at 8pm tonight so let's see how much how fast. HA!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!