Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Lately 10/10/12



I still do not have my spinning wheel up to snuff. I have been working a lot of overtime lately and John has been home so I have gotten nothing done.
My mother in law will not be coming down. I thought if she loads the van up with paintings and drives that wouldn’t be so bad, but I guess not. I will miss seeing her.

Tuesday night I was shutting the light off in the break room when the door slammed into my hand. It is a big metal door and the hydraulics apparently don’t work in it. The hand is not super swollen just a little, I put ice on it for a few hours right away. The part where it broke the skin by my ring finger is healing up nicely. Between my pointer and thumb is more bruised and super tender. That is where the door hit then bounced off my hand and back on it by my ring finger cutting the skin. As long as I don’t touch it everything is fine with Ibuprofen. I reach to put my setbelt on and that is painful. I accidentally put my hand down last night to scoot back on the couch and cried. I will not be doing that again. I have been wearing my fingerless mitts Megs made me and that helps and feels comforting.  I can’t believe it happened with Crown Tourney so close.

Friday I have off so I need to get the lion’s share of purchasing done so I can organize how I want to put it all together. We have some fun plates we got from Saver’s and Goodwill. I think we will have a great are set up since we are merchanting too.  Hopefully there will be room for everyone to put their stuff down since we will be there super early to finish royal set up. The girls should be around so they of course will sit near John while I am busy. I hope we have enough people to take care of him because I will be otherwise occupied. It is really important to me that this goes well since Anne is getting elevated. I want my part to be perfect. She has so much on her plate and the shire has a lot to do any extra help we can give should lighten that burden a little.  Normally it is a small event there and he has no problem hanging out. Well this a little different… I still have prezzies to get together.