Saturday, January 26, 2013

1/26

I was asked what I meant when I said "she wouldn't get it" I meant in the 7 days I had to train, no one would be able to just do all of it unless she was here for about 4 month doing just the normal stuff and able to do it all with out notes, then maybe a person could pick up on all of what else there was to do. She will do wonderfully once she gets the hang of it and is more comfortable with the processes. Tuppe had to come and help me for months until I felt I was okay to do it on my own. There is a lot riding on exports and 1 letter off or period where it's not supposed to be and the truck can't go. We are charged for the truck sitting over the weekend due to our error. That is not a good thing!!! The new girl is just new, after awhile she will pick it up. Time is all she needs, she is super smart and catches on quickly. Exports is just a whole other animal and is harder to get because there is so much riding on it being correct. I get nervous every time we run a final document. I can't look once I hit print.

I had to work until midnight last night, not a bad thing, but not a super good thing either. We had a rail car sprung on us labels had to be done last night for Monday. We had 4 Mexico's that needed documents and bills done. The USDA inspector came in after 9pm so that makes for a long night trying to get it all done. I let  the new girl concentrate on labels since we had a bunch to get done before midnight. We both started at 2pm so 10:30 would be 8 hours. We both worked some OT. After I finally got the Mexico's all squared way. She had very little to do with that process unfortunately! That is what she needs more practice in. I grabbed 12 labels and started them while she finished the few she had left. I let her put them all in bags and in the cabinet so it was all done! L bought lunch for 5 of us from Steak out to celebrate our last night together as a family. It was all in all a nice night. I didn't get misty until coming back from the vet. I realized that with that my night was over. When I got back to work, I would say good-bye. It was teary for all of us.

I have been trying to find new things to wear since I won't be in a freezer any longer, but a real office. I have a few new outfits. I just have to figure out shoes. Church is tomorrow then my Goddaughter's birthday party. It will so exciting! I got her some cool stuff and DH got her even cooler stuff. I got the car washed today since it was so nice out. I had to go to Hy-Vee to get Northern beans for ham and bean soup. Dad used to make it and we had ham left over. It put some it in the crock pot for a good simmer. We had peasant bread to go with it. YUM!!!! I saved Mom some too. I stopped at Breadsmith's on the way home after the car wash and picked up some yummy bread for sammies this week for work. I have been trying to think what to make for my lunch. I haven't even gotten as far as what to make for DH supper when he gets home. We think leaving his lunch in his car during the day will keep it cold enough for right now. Otherwise I will need to drop if off in his car at work on his first break. This will be something we need to figure out eventually.

I am adjusting very nicely to my bifocals. They do make things clearer. Every once in awhile it will be blurry until I turn my head. Over all no more headaches. YAY!!

All right I need to get my but in bed before I have to get up early tomorrow.
Good Night!!!